God's purpose for my life

GOD'S PURPOSE FOR ME

I just arrived the ancient city of Ibadan in Nigeria about two hours ago, at exactly 8:50pm, after a grueling fourteen hour journey over rough poorly maintained roads with several dangerous potholes that constantly serve as accident spots in my poorly managed country.

I had begun my journey at 7:00am from the popular city of Calabar.

I decided to ignore my aching body and write this post immediately after getting here (to Ibadan), because I was touched by the contents of a booklet I received from an evangelist of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) while waiting for my bus to fill up at the motor park.

The booklet was titled 'God Has A Purpose For Your Life' by the well-known General Overseer of that church, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye.

Ibadan, Nigeria
A view of Ibadan, Nigeria (Credit: CloudyDesert)

God's plan for me and its implication

The bible verse in the Preface chapter of this booklet is one that is well known to us all, but struck me anew today. It's all in Jeremiah 1:5;
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.
These words, which I'd known a long time, dawned deeply on me in a new and wonderful way confirming that God REALLY does know me, and REALLY does have a plan for me and my life.

And not just that He knows me, but that nobody is on earth by mistake; neither is anyone a product of coincidence.

God knows me and us all: what does it imply?

Like I already noted, none of us is a mistake - me especially - no matter what anyone would think on the contrary. Going further, this includes all those whose birth into this world were not planned by their parents - the 'mistaken' pregnancies, the neglected and all the derelicts of the earth.
Oh! And what of all the aborted fetuses! There is none that He did not know in the womb. And for all, both living, killed or dead, He had a plan for each and everyone.

How much more Us who are alive and breathing; who have the chance(s) to rediscover our potential in Him and through Him!

Confused in life? What we must always remember

Nobody was, is and will ever be an accident. Parents may not have planned for the arrival of a particular child, but God did. The Purpose of God for my life, and your life, stands firm. It may be delayed, but it can never be destroyed. ONLY me can destroy mine. Only you can destroy yours. But that isn't God's purpose for us.

The fact that we get confused about taking any decision in life, at any point of our life, does not mean there is no clear-cut purpose for us. No! It simply reflects how far away we have wandered away from our maker; and how urgently we need to retrace our steps back to Him. In Him alone, can we find deep satisfaction and true rest, from the troubles of the world as we walk in His purpose for us.

It was a wonderful 'discovery' for me - this verse which has always been there, and which I've read many times before, was as though I was 'rediscovering' it all over again. This is especially so because the past months have been so confusing for me, as I have been passing through some tremendous life challenges and decisions, and this is like homecoming for me.

It is a beautiful feeling I am carrying inside of me now, and feel like sharing. Hope it is for you too! And I hope to be talking more on this in the following weeks. If you have comments or constructive advice, I warmly welcome them below.

Also read: God's purpose for your own life

BIBLE VERSES FOR MEDITATION
For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. (1 Corinthians 14:33)

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7)

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. (John 16:13)

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1)

Comments

  1. I'v no words 2 describe my guilt now aft reading the article above. My boyfriend's forced me 2 abort two pregnancies so far. I feel like i'v let the lord down so much. But i dont know how 2 approach my boyfriend on this becos i love him vry much and scared of loosing him. I know he'l marry me in future. Wat do i do? I don't want 2 hurt the lord anymore...pls help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi @annonymous, its fine to feel guilt for mistakes of the past, meaning you still have a heart. You're not alone here. I too, and many others like me, have sinned against the LORD in many different ways. The essential thing is realizing you're wrong, repenting from your ways and turning away from the former wickedness. See Cries from dark death unto glorious sonship.

      I'd want you to study 1 John 1:8-10 which goes:
      If we say we have no sin [refusing to admit that we are sinners], we delude {and} lead ourselves astray, and the Truth [which the Gospel presents] is not in us [does not dwell in our hearts].
      If we [freely] admit that we have sinned {and} confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].
      If we say (claim) we have not sinned, we contradict His Word {and} make Him out to be false {and} a liar, and His Word is not in us [the divine message of the Gospel is not in our hearts].
      - the Amplified Bible (by The Lockman Foundation)


      You must confess your sins to God, and TURN AWAY from them. You NEED to confront your boyfriend respectfully in the fear of God, and remind him that you are God's child. Stand firm no matter how hard it seems, and tell him you can no longer continue to live in sin with him. Let him know you NEED to preserve both your bodies till you both get married. You never can tell - he might react most favorably, and respect you more ever after for telling him the truth.
      The issue here is that, as a child of God, you CANNOT continue hurting your Heavenly Father, just to please a mere mortal. Stand your ground, and am sure, God Himself will step in to defend you. May He give you grace and wisdom for what you MUST do. Amen!

      Delete

Post a Comment